Pesto, Ricotta and Zucchini Pillows
Yummy veggie filled pillows that you can sink your teeth into at dinner or the next day for lunch.
Cook Time: 30 mins
Shelf Life: 5 days
1 Bunch Basil Leaves
1 Clove Garlic
150 g Ricotta
1/4 Cup Pine Nuts/Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1. Partially steam broccoli until slightly soft.
2. Roast pine nuts and garlic until golden brown.
3. Add broccoli, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, basil leaves, lemon juice and olive oil into a food processor until a paste.
4. Combine with ricotta in a large bowl.
5. Grate zucchini into long strips. Lay 2 strips side by side and slightly overlap, add another 2 strips in the opposite direction to create a ‘cross’ shape. Add in the pesto/ricotta mix to the centre of the zucchini then fold each of the 4 strips in to create a pillow shape. Place in a baking tray and cook for 15 mins at 180 degrees.
Broccoli - A great source of folate which helps the production of healthy red blood cells.
Zucchini - A great source of manganese which regulates blood glucose levels.
Lemon – High in vitamin C to get you through (hopefully) the last few weeks of cold weather.