Colourful Stuffed Capsicum
Updated: Oct 2, 2019
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
A healthy and nutritious meal with a Mexican twist. These stuffed capsicums are packed with vitamins A and C. What’s more, they are high in fibre, wholegrain and protein. Kids will love choosing colours and filling their own capsicums.
4 medium mushrooms
½ container of cherry tomato
3 kale leaves
3 broccoli florets
2 cups brown rice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
Pinch of cinnamon
1 garlic glove
400ml vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook brown rice in vegetable stock (it’s tastier).
2. Cut the capsicum’s hat off and let the kids hollow out the middle.
3. Place on a baking tray to cook for 15 mins at 180 degrees or until slightly soft.
4. Finely chop onion, garlic, mushroom, tomato, broccoli.
5. Saute onion and garlic with olive oil. Add sweet paprika, ground coriander seed, cumin and a pinch of cinnamon in with the onion and garlic.
6. Add in the rest of the vegetables and allow to soften.
7. Combine the rice and mix well.
8. Ask the kids to stuff their own capsicum bodies with mixture and cook for a further 10 mins.