Homemade Falafel and Baba Ganoush
Updated: Oct 3, 2019
Delicious finger food with an even tastier dip to go with it. Ideal for salads, wraps or even on their own, everybody will love these bite sized goodies!
Cook Time: 24 hr (chickpea soak) + 50 mins
Shelf Life: 4 days
2 Cups Dried Chickpeas
1 Bunch Parsley
3 Spring Onions
4 Garlic Cloves
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Besan Flour
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
2 Teaspoons Ground Coriander
1 Squeeze of Lemon
1 Pinch of Salt
1 Splash of oil
1 Large Eggplant
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Tahini
1. Soak Chickpeas overnight in water until squishy then leave to dry for a few hours.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients into a food processor with the chickpeas (add oil if too dry)
3. Form small balls and lightly fry on a pan (can oven bake too).
Baba Ganoush –
1. Oven bake the eggplant and garlic until tender.
2. Blend with tahini with a hand mixer and voila!
Eggplant - A great source of copper which works with iron to make red blood cells.
Parsley - 1 serve has more than 200% the recommended amount of Vitamin C which is essential in these colder winter months.
Garlic – Contains selenium, a potent antioxidant.